Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Unthinkable

Well, I did the unthinkable - while cutting Minami's hair, the scissors caught a bit of skin on her shoulder and then chaos ensued. Luckily I was using a pair of child-safe scissors so instead of cutting the skin it actually pinched a small area - so there wasn't any blood, just a red sore. I'm sensitive to this because when I was a kid my Grandmother used to cut my hair and it was always a nerve racking experience watching her increasingly shaky hands maneuver a pair of heavy, steel shears around my eyes and ears. And then the day came when she snipped my ear and I freaked big time. It too turned out to be nothing more than a pinch but it certainly felt like she cut a steak from my ear. And that was an end of an era because I vowed that my Grandmother would never touch my hair again - and she didn't. So after a thousand apologies to Minami and some late-night "Blue's Clues," she has seemingly set aside the incident (though she's not one to forget - like me, she can be very vindictive). But on the up-tick, her hair looks fa-bu-lous!

No comments:

Post a Comment